When getting ready for an event, party or even a regular day, we can all agree that time is limited due to oversleeping or simply taking too long in the process. Therefore, many mistakes can be made and on a few occasions, some might not even be aware of them. Instead of being shy to accept this fact, take a step forward and start changing them! Here is a list of rules to correct beauty routines in order to perfect the look!
1. Never do your face before your eyes
Have you ever realised that after applying your eyeshadow, some of it always ends up on your cheeks? And then you obviously have to get your face ready again, leading to a waste of time that you do not have. Well, here is the key to that; get your eyes done before your face so that you don’t have to do it twice. Speaking of eyes, if you are intending to apply sparkling eyeshadow, ensure that it does not go all over the place by setting an eye shadow primer before application.
2. A must: always remove your makeup!
Remove everything you apply! This is really important as the only time your face can breathe is during the night. Also, remember to wash your face even when you’re not wearing makeup. Especially if you live in or visit a large city, where the skin is exposed to pollution and dirt in the air. So, always wash your face, apply an anti-pollution skin care cream and let your face have the rest it deserves.
3. Application of concealer
To obtain the best coverage for dark circles, you have to master the application techniques of a concealer. Instead of just covering the eye bags, the concealer should be applied in the shape of a triangle to bounce off the light and therefore, cover its dark colour.
- Apply concealer after foundation
- In addition to concealer, use a colour corrector that is opposite to the discolouration: if the dark circles are a blue/violet shade, it is best to use an orange tone (peach, coral or salmon). If they are red, a light green tone would be used.
Tip: To extend the coverage, use a translucent setting powder instead of a mineral powder that will emphasise the creases.
4. Foundation! What is wrong with you?
Foundations can be pretty tricky… Finding the right foundation is a journey for most. Too dark, too pale, too pink or too orange is practically everyone’s problem and many things can go wrong during the application.
These are several things to consider to get it right for the next time!
- Finding your correct colour: Are you sure that this is your colour? A great way to check it is by picking out 3 shades similar to your skin tone and try matching them on your neck. If this does not work, you might want to ask for help at the store.
- If you apply foundation all over your face, make sure you even it out to your neck to avoid having two different shades!
- If you are going for a more natural look, try not to apply foundation in the whole face but only on the spots with impurities, which is usually the T-zone.
Written by ANNA DE TORD PUIGMAL
Edited by ISABEL JÄRNSTRÖM
Visual editor SOFÍA GONZÁLVEZ